Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Slice of Norway, and maybe some renovations?

So, for this blog I will be infringing on the territory of my good friend Rich, sorry buddy. I'm all for finding new music to enjoy and sometimes I need to go outside the United States. Luckily for all you music fans there is the Eurovision Song Contest, a competition that finds the best original song written by an undiscovered artist throughout Europe.

It was thanks to this competition that I was introduced to the music of one Alexander Rybak. He's Norweign, he plays the fiddle, and he's awesome. Most of his music is derived from the music of Norway, very folk driven beats and pieces. The best part is that most of his music is typical pop in English, so it is relatable to any audience. Here's his track "Europe's Skies", don't ask me why he's on that mountain, just go with it.




Now, in seriousness this is the reason I really wanted to write this blog. I know that most people had a very strong reaction to the previous post. So what I ask is this, would you guys like me to continue on in that vein, and if so, do you think that is could involved and have a solid theme. If you read this blog for enjoyment or because you are forced to, leave a comment below with your thoughts and we'll see what happens this weekend.

~Ryan

2 comments:

  1. I thought your last blog was a nice change-up from the usual content. It really showed that you have such a broad writing capability, which is really great. I do, however, love your humor and the way you incorporate it into your weekly blog about pop culture and all of it's greatness and absurdities. So I think you should continue to blog the way you were, with the occasional serious note here or there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it's ok Ryan, it actually gives me a chance to talk to someone else about music! You might be into Ólafur Arnalds, he's an Icelandic composer who writes beautiful songs that are sort of classical in nature. Here is a link to one of his videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6u5D-5LWSg&feature=related

    the funny thing is he originally started as a drummer playing in hardcore/metal bands.Great stuff. As for your note, I did like that entry, but I think if anything you should post those in a seperate blog and just promote it through here. I feel like Pop Culture Pizzeria is more of a light-hearted and funny blog about pop culture and adding serious stories to it would kind of take away what I think is a pretty unique focus for this blog. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete